The easiest way to fix SASSA’s declined social grant applications is by requesting a reconsideration from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
Fixing SASSA Declined Social Grant Application
Prior to proceeding, it is crucial to identify the reason for the SASSA grant decline. You can use this information to address any specific issues or requirements in your appeal.
Online Reconsideration Request
- Please visit the SASSA appeals website at https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals for more information.
- You will need to enter your ID number and the phone number you used during the application process.
- Your registered phone number will be used to send you a PIN.
- When the PIN is received, enter it and select the month for which the appeal should be filed.
- Your appeal request should be accompanied by a reason for the appeal. I look forward to hearing the outcome of your appeal.
You can also read How To Submit R350 Grant Appeals Under The New Rules
Telephone Reconsideration Request
- SASSA can be reached at 0800 60 10 11.
- SASSA consultants can be reached by selecting option 3.
- You can submit your reconsideration request over the phone.
Please keep in mind that the appeal process can take 30 to 90 days. Reconsideration requests may experience delays, but SASSA is actively addressing them. If your application was declined each month, you must submit an appeal separately.
SASSA status can be checked through the official website, here, once you’ve submitted a reconsideration request: