Understanding why your SASSA social grant application or R350 SRD grant application was declined is key to appealing the denial.
Following is a step-by-step guide on how to appeal SASSA online, increasing your chances of being reconsidered and receiving financial relief.
You can find out the status of your grant by visiting the official SASSA status check. You will receive the most recent information regarding your grant or application.
How to SASSA Appeal Online For Declined SRD Grant
- Visit the SASSA website: srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals
- Please enter your ID number as well as the phone number you used when applying.
- To request a PIN, click “Send Pin”.
- The PIN you receive will be entered in the provided field.
- You can choose the month in which you want to appeal.
- Your appeal should be based on the appropriate reason.
- Please submit your appeal.
- The appeal process will determine the outcome.
The waiting period and the timing of the action
The following guidelines will help you ensure that your appeal is taken into consideration:
- After the initial denial, you have 30 days to appeal.
- You may have to wait up to 90 days for a decision on your appeal.
- Payments have been made to many applicants whose appeals were approved.
How to apply for a monthly reconsideration
You must apply for reconsideration each month if your application is rejected for multiple months.
When reconsideration applications are declined, applicants should continue to submit them for subsequent months.
Requests for reconsideration are delayed
SASSA has informed applicants that the process of reconsideration requests may be delayed. Applicants are assured, however, that they are actively resolving these delays and providing timely responses.
How Long Does The Appeal Process Take?
A Social Assistance Appeals Tribunal will investigate your appeal and ensure SASSA does not overlook any information regarding your R350 grant application.
It will take 60 to 90 days for the appeal to be decided. You will receive funds for previous months if all goes well and your application is approved.
The money allocated to your grant account will then be collected or spent using alternative payment methods.
How To Check Appeal SASSA Status
In order to check your Sassa SRD grant appeal status, please follow these steps:
- Online Portal: Check your appeal status using our free tool or the SASSA appeals online portal.
- Call the Helpline: for more detailed information about your grant or appeal status, call the Sassa helpline at 080060 10 11. Make sure you have your ID number and other pertinent information on hand.
- Visit a Local Sassa Office: Stop by your nearest Sassa office for a personal consultation. All your paperwork, including your ID and any references related to your appeal, should be with you.
- Send an Email: If you have any questions, you can email Sassa’s designated email address. Your appeal status can be inquired about via email. You will be able to track your order easier if you include your reference number and personal information.
It is imperative to navigate the SASSA appeal process with diligence and patience. In order to increase your chances of a successful appeal, you should understand the system, avoid common mistakes, and seek community support. If you want to secure your SRD R350 grant, persistence is key.