You may cancel SASSA Grant if your circumstances change or if you want to empower those in need more than yourself. As an SASSA beneficiary, you will also want to take this step to avoid any penalties or constraints resulting from government regulations.
A consent form must be completed online and submitted. You will stop receiving monthly payments after SASSA approves your R350 grant cancellation request.
By following our instructions, you can cancel your SASSA Grant properly, allowing funds to be reallocated to those who still need help.
How to Cancel SASSA Grant Online R350 Application?
SASSA is a government-operated agency, so recipients must comply with strict requirements. It is illegal to apply for government jobs (public servants) or to receive government benefits such as unemployment insurance and student financial assistance from the UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund).
This online method allows you to cancel SASSA Grant R350 and any other Social Grant quickly if you find a job and are not selected for employment due to SASSA Grant R350. Here’s how to cancel your SASSA grant online.
- If you wish to cancel your SASSA Grant, please visit the SASSA Cancellation Portal at srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Click the Cancel My Application tab at the bottom of the page.
- Click Here to Cancel Online by clicking the yellow button.
- You will be prompted to provide your details in a new window.
- Please enter your SASSA Grant ID number and cell phone number.
- The SASSA OTP code will be sent to you via SMS when you click on Send PIN.
- Verify that you are the original applicant by providing the OTP Code.
- If you are sure you want to cancel your grant application, click the “Cancel My Grant” button.
- The Grant to terminate will be canceled if you select ‘Yes’.
- An SMS confirmation will be sent to your cell phone number confirming the cancellation of the SASSA Grant.
You may enjoy reading Check SASSA Child Support Grant Status Online
Cancelling a SASSA Relief Grant Application Via WhatsApp
The following steps will guide you through canceling your SASSA relief grant application via WhatsApp:
- Please save SASSA’s WhatsApp number: 082 046 8553.
- “Cancel SASSA R350 Grant” should be the message sent to this number.
- Choose “Cancel My Application” from the menu once you receive it.
- As requested, please provide your ID number and mobile phone number.
- Please confirm your cancellation.
How Much Time It Take to Cancel SASSA Grant
SASSA Grant appeals are reviewed within seven days (one week) after they are submitted online. During this timeframe, you will no longer be able to apply for SASSA R350 Grants or SASSA Social Grants as requested in your application.
To ensure that you are no longer a recipient of SASSA Grants and are eligible for government jobs, use the SASSA Status Checker to confirm your cancellation online.
You may enjoy reading How to Update SASSA Grant Application