With the help of your phone, we can help you locate a Lost SASSA Reference Number, which you received with a receipt when applying for a SASSA grant application.
Lost SASSA Reference Number
The following steps will guide you through recovering your lost SASSA Reference Number using your mobile phone.
- You may dial *120*3210# on your cell phone.
- You will see a prompt on the screen of your mobile phone.
- Your South African ID number should be entered here.
- If you submitted your SASSA application online, please provide the cell phone number you used.
- Your SASSA Reference Number will be displayed after you respond to the prompt.
Using this example, we can see how SASSA Recipient Reference Numbers look like: “555 8822 STATUS.”
- Note: When dialing the SASSA Reference Number Code, please use the same cell phone number that you used when you applied for SASSA funding. SASSA grant applications cannot be submitted using a different phone number.
Also, read How SASSA Reinstate Declined Applications?