As a needy citizen, you can apply online for an R350 grant to receive funds in a timely manner. Unemployed individuals, refugees, and people without any source of income can apply for a Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
SASSA R350 Grant application requirements include being aged between 18 and 59, having no other source of income, and not having received any other SASSA social grants before. You can apply for an SRD grant if you meet these requirements.
SASSA R350 Grant Application 2024
If you wish to complete the SRD Grant Application online, you must possess a South African ID card, Green ID book, and Asylum Permit with a valid File Number, as well as your name and registered cell phone number.
- Applicants can apply online for the R350 grant through the SRD portal.
- Click the “Send SMS” button after entering your Cell Phone Number.
- The message will contain a 6-digit OTP number.
- You will need to enter your OPT number and click the “Verify Pin” button.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions for Declaration and Consent Documents.
- An ID Number is required by South African ID holders, while Special Permits are required by others
- The file number.
- The following personal information should be provided: Name, Surname, Address, and Gender.
- Select the “Send Cash” payment option or enter your banking information (Bank Name, Branch, Account Type, and Number).
- Accept the terms and conditions and select your payment option.
- Your personal and banking details will be verified by SASSA through the Department of Home Affairs database.
- Your Sassa grant application for the SRD R350 will be confirmed by a Sassa confirmation message to your mobile number shortly.
- Those with special permits and asylum seekers will receive a Payment ID to collect payments at Pick ‘n Pay.
You can check the status of your SASSA R350 application online after you have successfully applied for it. perform SRD Status Check Online.
Check SASSA SRD R350 Grant Application Status
Here are the steps you can take to check the status of your SASSA R350 application.
- You can check SASSA R350 status at sassachecks.co.za.
- On the homepage of the website, you’ll find the section titled ‘SRD R350 Grant’.
- You can check the status of your application by clicking the ‘Check Application Status’ button.
- During the registration process, you will be asked to enter your ID number and cell phone number.
- To check your application status, submit the form after entering your details.
- Your R350 grant application status will be displayed by the system.
On your Application ID, you can see whether your R350 grant application is approved, pending, or declined.
Important Note for SASSA SRD Grant Applicants
In order to ensure your application is approved, you can take the following steps.
- Your SRD R350 online application was declined or you didn’t receive a Payment ID because of reasons such as exceeding the eligibility criteria, providing incorrect personal details, providing an incorrect mobile number, providing inaccurate employment information, or providing inaccurate banking information. The application may be rejected if these issues do not meet the requirements.
- If your application has been declined or failed, SASSA Reapplication for R350 Grant is your only option. You will have another opportunity to receive the grant if the South African national authorities reconsider your approval.
Conclusion: A Crucial Support System
SASSA R350 Grants are more than just financial aid; they are support systems for the needy. A vital component of South Africa’s social fabric, due to its impact and the government’s commitment to social welfare.